JULY 11, 2017 – Arsenal boss, Arsene Wenger, has admitted he has interest in signing Thomas Lemar from Monaco and hints that they will go back with a third bid for the player.
The Gunners have seen bids of £30m and £40m rejected, as they try to land the France midfielder this summer.
It is understood that Wenger will be willing to pay in excess of £45m to land Lemar and beat their old transfer record for the second time in a matter of weeks.
Alexandre Lacazette joined for a fee of £52m earlier this summer, beating the £42.5m previous high that they paid for Mesut Ozil in 2013.
But if a deal cannot be reached, Wenger says that Arsenal are flexible with their targets.
“He’s a player that we follow yes, we look at.
“We are looking at more signings. But there’s nothing really concrete about any signings,” he told a press conference in Sydney, Australia on Tuesday.