Quit notice: Why Igbos must leave North on October 1, Arewa youths says

0
98

ABUJA, AUGUST 2, 2017 – The coalition of Northern Group, Arewa youths have maintained that its October 1 quit notice asking Igbos residing in the North to vacate the region is sacrosanct.

Speaking in Abuja on Tuesday, leader of the group, Shettima Yerima said though the groups in the coalition had meetings on the ultimatum, they were yet to lift the quit notice.

Yerima disclosed that the coalition was currently consulting with stakeholders across the country with a view to reviewing its position.

According to Yerima, “I do not also remember specifically saying we are going to finally withdraw the quit notice. No, certainly not. We have not.

“But we said, within the week, we are going to make a statement.

“We need to do a lot of work, we are in consultations now. We are likely going on consultations in northern region; we will discuss issues before we finally review our position.

“But you can be rest assured that those who believe in Nigeria should remain where they are and be assured of their safety. But to those who don’t believe in Nigeria, we cannot guarantee their safety.

“So, it’s better if you want to do your Biafra, you stay and do your Biafra over there. But if you believe in Nigeria, we intend to work side by side with you to build the nation of our dreams.”

Yerima, ​had earlier assured that the N​orth is at peace with all Nigerians.

Similarly, the former Abia State governor, Orji Kalu had spoken about his meeting with Northern group.

DCSL 90X780

LEAVE A REPLY